If you're planning to sell or rent your home in the near future, now is the time to start getting it ready for real estate photography. Good photos are essential for attracting buyers and renters, and with the rise of social media, they're more important than ever before.
To make sure your home is picture-perfect, use this checklist:
1. De-clutter every room. That means taking down personal photos, putting away knick-knacks, and removing any furniture that's not essential. The goal is to make each room look as spacious and uncluttered as possible.
2. Make small repairs. Fix any chips in the walls, cracked tiles, loose door handles, etc. You want your home to look well-maintained, so potential buyers or renters don't have to worry about making major repairs after moving in.
3. Clean everything from top to bottom. Dust all the surfaces, Vacuum all the floors, clean the windows inside and out--you get the idea. Remember that first impressions count, so you want your home to look as clean and inviting as possible in the photos.
4. Stage each room carefully. Place furniture in strategic positions so that each room looks its best. And don't forget to style surfaces like coffee tables and mantles with artfully arranged vignettes.
5. Choose the right photographer. A professional real estate photographer will know how to make your home look its best in photos. They'll also have experience dealing with challenging things like bad lighting and small spaces.
By following these tips, you can be sure that your home will look great in real estate photos--and that's sure to attract buyers or renters who are interested in making an offer on your property. So what are you waiting for? Start de-cluttering and cleaning today!